Owen Sound City Hall & Daddy Hall Plaque

808 2nd Ave East

Built in 1870 for $22,500, on February 24, 1961, a blaze broke out in the boiler room destroying the entire building. New construction began in 1965 with the official opening in 1967, for Canada's Centennial. Note the Interpretive Plaque in front of City Hall telling the story of John 'Daddy' Hall, a veteran of the War of 1812, escaped slave and town crier.

Web Site